The Council offices at Telscombe Civic Centre – Tel: 01273 589777 – deal with: Chatsworth Park including 2 play spaces; Robert Kingan play space in East Saltdean; Telscombe Tye; Civic Centre room hire; some street lights and bus shelters and issues regarding grass verge cutting.
For other services contact either East Sussex County Council or Lewes District Council – see details below or visit the relevant website by clicking on the following links:- www.eastsussex.gov.uk or www.lewes-eastbourne.gov.uk
- My rubbish hasn’t been collected – Lewes District Council help desk 01273 471600 or email CustomerFirst@lewes-eastbourne.gov.uk
- My recycling hasn’t been collected – Lewes District Council help desk 01273 471600 or email CustomerFirst@lewes-eastbourne.gov.uk
- I need some recycling boxes – Lewes District Council help desk 01273 471600 or email CustomerFirst@lewes-eastbourne.gov.uk
- I need some recycling food bags – these can be picked up from the Civic Centre when lockdown is over, or ordered directly from Lewes District Council via their website https://www.lewes-eastbourne.gov.uk/bins-waste-and-recycling/food-waste-recycling/
- I have a fridge/freezer/sofa or other bulky item that needs collecting – Lewes District Council help desk 01273 471600 or email CustomerFirst@lewes-eastbourne.gov.uk
- I have rats/mice – Lewes District Council’s Pest Control Department who also deal with other pests & vermin, as well as pests not deemed a public health risk including wasps and fleas. They charge different fees for domestic (household) customers and commercial clients. In addition they give advice on prevention and steps to take to eradicate infestations including squirrels, foxes, rabbits, moles and seagulls. They do not, however, provide a service to directly deal with the latter animals. Phone Lewes District Council on 01273 471600 or click on this link request a pest control service
- There’s a problem on the Tye – Telscombe Town Council 01273 589777 or use contact form on front page.
- I have a planning query or want to submit a planning application – Lewes District Council 01273 471600, visit their website https://www.lewes-eastbourne.gov.uk/planning-and-building-control/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- POTHOLES! East Sussex County Council Highways on 0345 60 80 193 or report online using this link www.eastsussexhighways.com
- Road, kerb, pavement or street lighting problems – East Sussex County Council Highways Department – 0345 60 80 193 or visit website www.eastsussexhighways.com
- I have got a parking ticket – The Parking Shop at Lewes 01273 477105, or for more information visit the website www.eastsussex.gov.uk
- Fly tipping – Lewes District Council help desk 01273 471600 or email CustomerFirst@lewes-eastbourne.gov.uk; alternatively, you can download their Report It! app which is the quickest and easiest way to report environmental problems when you are out and about. In just a few taps you can report the problem, give the location and include a photo. Your report then goes straight through to the right team to deal with the issue.
Citizens Advice – if you need advice, a representative from the Citizens Advice is at the Telscombe Civic Centre on the last Tuesday of each month from 10.30am to 12.30pm and at Peacehaven Library, Meridian Centre, Peacehaven on Tuesdays 9.30am to 12.30pm and 1.30-3pm – no appointment is necessary. You can also obtain advice by contacting Adviceline on 03444 111 444 or at www.citizensadvice.org.uk